24 Jul Disposing of Creative Ice and BioDrain Gel Packs
Here at Creative Packaging, we build our gel packs to last. However, if you choose to discard the gel pack, we have made it easy for you to do so.
If it is the Original PacTemp™ with BLUE print or our newest generation of gel BioDrain™ with GREEN print, follow these steps.
- First, identify your gel pack.
- Thaw completely.
- Once wholly thawed using a pair of scissors (be careful), cut one corner of the gel pack bag.
If you have a BLUE PacTemp™ Gel Pack:
- You can easily discard the contents in your trash bin.
If you have the GREEN BioDrain™ gel pack:
- Option #1 – You can discard down your kitchen sink. You will need to turn on your HOT water to wash it down the drain. Turn on garbage disposal when washing contents down sink.
- Option #2 – Because the GREEN BioDrain™ gel pack is made with almost all water and trace components of biodegradable chemicals, you can also empty the GREEN BioDrain™ gel pack in your yard, garden, or compost.
This gel is non-toxic and will not harm you.
Lastly, the gel pack bag is #4 Recyclable. Rinse out any remaining gel and toss that in your Recycle container so we can make you another long-lasting gel pack.